nodebox.geo

Stuart Axon
Added this from nodebox-gl to main and my branch.

You do

from shoebot.data import geo

instead of

from nodebox.geo import geo

The attached nebula example works albeit very slowly.

I wonder if in future we can use import hooks to make make imports from the
nodebox namespace work ?

It also shows up a couple of bugs

In 0.3:
bots without a draw() function will redraw continously.

And in dq branch...
The colours look weird, very strange.

 S++

nebula.bot (7K) Download Attachment

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
stuart, I'm testing shoebot-dq on ubuntu, and it seems really great.
I've noticed a few minor problems, for example in rendering
examples/nodebox/corner_rotate_3.bot
the three lines of text drawn are superimposed on the position where
only the last one is supposed to be.

one bigger issue is that i can run perfectly sbot with -w switch, but if
i run a script from shoebot-ide i only get a black empty window.
I couldn't find out where the problem is.

I will go on testing it on linux and see if I notice other glitches.
the documentation is a very good idea.

best, francesco

Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 09.03 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:

> Added this from nodebox-gl to main and my branch.
>
> You do
>
> from shoebot.data import geo
>
> instead of
>
> from nodebox.geo import geo
>
> The attached nebula example works albeit very slowly.
>

> I wonder if in future we can use import hooks to make make imports from the
> nodebox namespace work ?
>

> It also shows up a couple of bugs
>
> In 0.3:
> bots without a draw() function will redraw continously.
>
> And in dq branch...
> The colours look weird, very strange.
>

>  S++

Re: nodebox.geo

Stuart Axon

Cool - I definitely want bugs to be found.

> one bigger issue is that i can run perfectly sbot with -w switch, but  if
> i run a script from shoebot-ide i only get a black empty window.
> I  couldn't find out where the problem is.

Ah - I didn't mention this... as we were sort of deprecating shoebot-ide I
haven't done any work there, so it completely doesn't work.
On the other hand I had a vague idea that making the architecture it might be
simpler to write something like shoebot-ide, with less code tied in with
shoebot.
I haven't looked into this though, so it could be completely wrong.

> I will go on testing it on linux  and see if I notice other glitches.
> the documentation is a very good  idea.

It was definitely time to get round to writing some :)

> best, francesco
>

> Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 09.03  -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:
> > Added this from nodebox-gl to main and my  branch.
> >
> > You do
> >
> > from shoebot.data import  geo
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > from nodebox.geo import  geo
> >
> > The attached nebula example works albeit very  slowly.
> >

> > I wonder if in future we can use import hooks  to make make imports from the

> > nodebox namespace work ?
> >

> > It also shows up a couple of bugs
> >
> > In 0.3:
> > bots  without a draw() function will redraw continously.
> >
> > And in dq  branch...
> > The colours look weird, very strange.
> >

> >  S++

Re: nodebox.geo

Stuart Axon

Ah - I did know about this: for some reason it only happens on the first
frame, I'm not sure why yet though.

Try putting it in a draw() method and it fixes itself (as it becomes animated),
it's not good though as static bots all look wrong.

> > one bigger issue is that i can run perfectly sbot  with -w switch, but  if
> > i run a script from shoebot-ide i only get  a black empty window.
> > I  couldn't find out where the problem  is.
> >
> Ah - I didn't mention this... as we were sort of deprecating  shoebot-ide I
> haven't done any work there, so it completely doesn't  work.
> On the other hand I had a vague idea that making the architecture it  might be

> simpler to write something like shoebot-ide, with less code tied in  with
> shoebot.
> I haven't looked into this though, so it could be  completely wrong.
>
> > I will go on testing it on linux  and see if  I notice other glitches.
> > the documentation is a very good   idea.
> >
> It was definitely time to get round to writing some  :)
>
> > best, francesco
> >

> > Il giorno sab,  02/10/2010 alle 09.03  -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:
> > > Added  this from nodebox-gl to main and my  branch.
> > >
> > > You  do
> > >
> > > from shoebot.data import  geo
> > >
> > > instead of
> > >
> > > from nodebox.geo  import  geo
> > >
> > > The attached nebula example works  albeit very  slowly.
> > >

> > > I wonder if  in future we can use import hooks  to make make imports from
>the
>

> > > nodebox namespace work ?
> > >

> >  > It also shows up a couple of bugs
> > >
> > > In  0.3:
> > > bots  without a draw() function will redraw  continously.
> > >
> > > And in dq  branch...
> > >  The colours look weird, very strange.
> > >

> > >  S++
> > >

> >  >

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
another thing I have noticed is that sometimes there are differences in
color, you can see it in bots that use the color library but also on
simpler bots.
there are some little differences in some cases with typography too
(e.g. in examples/drawing/covergen.bot).
I will try to see if I can be more helpful and be more precise.
anyway, I'm rather impressed with progress in drawing speed achieved in
0.3, but shoebot-dq is faster than light indeed :)

f.

Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 13.54 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:

> [...]

Cool - it'll definitely help, I don't have a clue whats going on with the
colors.

> there are some little differences in some cases with  typography too
> (e.g. in examples/drawing/covergen.bot).
> I will try to see  if I can be more helpful and be more precise.

Cheers.

> anyway, I'm rather impressed  with progress in drawing speed achieved in
> 0.3, but shoebot-dq is faster than  light indeed :)

It is nice, of course I want it to go even faster !

> f.

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 23.04 +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
ha scritto:
> another thing I have noticed is that sometimes there are differences in
> color, you can see it in bots that use the color library but also on
> simpler bots.
> there are some little differences in some cases with typography too
> (e.g. in examples/drawing/covergen.bot).

shoebot-dq in some examples seems more correct in handling text though,
and in some cases involving transformations too
really well done

> I will try to see if I can be more helpful and be more precise.
> anyway, I'm rather impressed with progress in drawing speed achieved in
> 0.3, but shoebot-dq is faster than light indeed :)
>
> f.

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
I just noticed that going fullscreen doesn't scale canvas to fit the
screen anymore, not in 0.3 nor in dq. it used to work in 0.2
needs to be investigated too.

f.

Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 23.11 +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
ha scritto:

> Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 23.04 +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
> ha scritto:
> > another thing I have noticed is that sometimes there are differences in
> > color, you can see it in bots that use the color library but also on
> > simpler bots.
> > there are some little differences in some cases with typography too
> > (e.g. in examples/drawing/covergen.bot).
>
> shoebot-dq in some examples seems more correct in handling text though,
> and in some cases involving transformations too
> really well done
>
> > I will try to see if I can be more helpful and be more precise.
> > anyway, I'm rather impressed with progress in drawing speed achieved in
> > 0.3, but shoebot-dq is faster than light indeed :)
> >
> > f.

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
actually there are examples where is 0.3 that seems to fail with colors,
the dq issue seems to be with color library.

> Cool - it'll definitely help, I don't have a clue whats going on with the
> colors.

Re: nodebox.geo

francesco fantoni
I think I have found the problem: shoebot-dq seems to fail with HSB
mode.
You can try examples/nodebox/obama_2.bot
0.3 renders it correctly, while dq sets mode to rgb

Il giorno dom, 03/10/2010 alle 00.28 +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
ha scritto:

> actually there are examples where is 0.3 that seems to fail with colors,
> the dq issue seems to be with color library.
>

> > Cool - it'll definitely help, I don't have a clue whats going on with the
> > colors.

Re: nodebox.geo

Stuart Axon

Yep cheers for reminding me.  As it wasn't working in 0.3 it wasn't a priority,
but I did have it vaguely in mind.

> Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 23.11  +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
> ha scritto:
> > Il giorno sab,  02/10/2010 alle 23.04 +0200, architetto francesco fantoni
> > ha  scritto:
> > > another thing I have noticed is that sometimes there are  differences in
> > > color, you can see it in bots that use the color  library but also on
> > > simpler bots.
> > > there are some  little differences in some cases with typography too
> > > (e.g. in  examples/drawing/covergen.bot).
> >
> > shoebot-dq in some examples  seems more correct in handling text though,
> > and in some cases involving  transformations too
> > really well done
> >
> > > I will try to  see if I can be more helpful and be more precise.
> > > anyway, I'm  rather impressed with progress in drawing speed achieved in
> > > 0.3,  but shoebot-dq is faster than light indeed :)
> > >
> > >  f.

> >  > > > Sent: Sat, October 2, 2010 8:51:19 PM
> > > > >
> > >  > > > From: "architetto francesco fantoni <hva - hermanitos  verdes
>architetti>"

> >  > > >
> >  > > > >  Sent: Sat, October 2, 2010 8:44:12 PM
> > >  > > > Subject: Re: [shoebot-devel]  nodebox.geo
>great.
>where

first

>animated),
> > > >
> >  > >

>but  if
> > >  > > > i run a script from shoebot-ide i only get  a black empty  window.

>shoebot-ide I

>might be
>

> > >  > > simpler to write something like shoebot-ide, with less code tied  in
>with

> > >  > >
>glitches.
> > > > > >
> >  > > > It was definitely time to get round to writing some   :)

> >  > > > >

>imports from

> > >  > >
> >  > > > > >

> >  > > > > ;

> >  > > > >
> > > > >

> >  > > >
> >  > > >

Re: nodebox.geo

Stuart Axon

OK, I've put a fix in; it seems to be OK for the obama_2 bot, but I am quite
tired right now.