clipping paths

francesco fantoni
i've made an attempt at implementing clipping paths.
it's working more or less, and actually i'm rather proud of it, as it
was a bit an pain to work out, but i'm afraid there are still some
things not behaving as expected related to alpha values of mask.
i think i need help to fix it. (and maybe there are conceptual errors in
my implementation too)

screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path.jpg

repository it's here: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

Re: clipping paths

francesco fantoni
i'm going to try a better implementation using cairo clip function.

Il giorno sab, 27/12/2008 alle 16.34 +0100, architetto francesco fantoni
ha scritto:

> i've made an attempt at implementing clipping paths.
> it's working more or less, and actually i'm rather proud of it, as it
> was a bit an pain to work out, but i'm afraid there are still some
> things not behaving as expected related to alpha values of mask.
> i think i need help to fix it. (and maybe there are conceptual errors in
> my implementation too)
>
> screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path.jpg
>
> repository it's here: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

Re: clipping paths

francesco fantoni
new implementation, this time using clip() cairo function.
it works, but i had to use a sort of dirty trick for the endclip()
command, introducing a RestoreCtx object, in order to insert it in
grobstack. It is till missing a way of checking the effective
correspondace of beginclip-endclip pairs (if there are more endclip
calls than beginclip, it will probably mess things).
The results are ok, but i'm not satisfied of the way i managed endclip,
it seems a bit unclean, any idea?

screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path_2.jpg

repo: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

ha scritto:

> i've made an attempt at implementing clipping paths.
> it's working more or less, and actually i'm rather proud of it, as it
> was a bit an pain to work out, but i'm afraid there are still some
> things not behaving as expected related to alpha values of mask.
> i think i need help to fix it. (and maybe there are conceptual errors in
> my implementation too)
>
> screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path.jpg
>
> repository it's here: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

Re: clipping paths

francesco fantoni
after some testing i found this implementation it's not so bad:
it works with animation rather well, it's fast, it works with multiple
nested clip loops
maybe we can keep it like that.
francesco
Il giorno sab, 27/12/2008 alle 20.12 +0100, architetto francesco fantoni
ha scritto:

> new implementation, this time using clip() cairo function.
> it works, but i had to use a sort of dirty trick for the endclip()
> command, introducing a RestoreCtx object, in order to insert it in
> grobstack. It is till missing a way of checking the effective
> correspondace of beginclip-endclip pairs (if there are more endclip
> calls than beginclip, it will probably mess things).
> The results are ok, but i'm not satisfied of the way i managed endclip,
> it seems a bit unclean, any idea?
>
> screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path_2.jpg
>
> repo: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/
>

> Il giorno sab, 27/12/2008 alle 16.34 +0100, architetto francesco fantoni
> ha scritto:
> > i've made an attempt at implementing clipping paths.
> > it's working more or less, and actually i'm rather proud of it, as it
> > was a bit an pain to work out, but i'm afraid there are still some
> > things not behaving as expected related to alpha values of mask.
> > i think i need help to fix it. (and maybe there are conceptual errors in
> > my implementation too)
> >
> > screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path.jpg
> >
> > repository it's here: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

Re: clipping paths

Stuart Axon
I just found the email below, in the distant past :)

Clipping is the major thing missing from -dq, do you still have this old version
with clipping implemented somewhere?
I'd like to use it for reference, to get it working in -dq.

> after some testing i found this implementation it's not so bad:
> it works with  animation rather well, it's fast, it works with multiple
> nested clip  loops
> maybe we can keep it like that.
> francesco
> Il giorno sab,  27/12/2008 alle 20.12 +0100, architetto francesco fantoni
> ha scritto:
> >  new implementation, this time using clip() cairo function.
> > it works, but  i had to use a sort of dirty trick for the endclip()
> > command,  introducing a RestoreCtx object, in order to insert it in
> > grobstack. It  is till missing a way of checking the effective
> > correspondace of  beginclip-endclip pairs (if there are more endclip
> > calls than beginclip,  it will probably mess things).
> > The results are ok, but i'm not satisfied  of the way i managed endclip,
> > it seems a bit unclean, any idea?
> >
> > screenshot:  http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path_2.jpg
> >
> > repo:  http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/
> >

> > Il giorno  sab, 27/12/2008 alle 16.34 +0100, architetto francesco fantoni
> > ha  scritto:
> > > i've made an attempt at implementing clipping  paths.
> > > it's working more or less, and actually i'm rather proud of  it, as it
> > > was a bit an pain to work out, but i'm afraid there are  still some
> > > things not behaving as expected related to alpha values  of mask.
> > > i think i need help to fix it. (and maybe there are  conceptual errors in
> > > my implementation too)
> > >
> >  > screenshot: http://www.hv-a.com/shoebot/images/clipping_path.jpg
> >  >
> > > repository it's here: http://freehg.org/u/hva/shoebot/

Re: clipping paths

francesco fantoni
I have an old version here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/178491/shoebot-old.zip

Il giorno mer, 13/10/2010 alle 10.27 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:

> I just found the email below, in the distant past :)
>
> Clipping is the major thing missing from -dq, do you still have this old version
> with clipping implemented somewhere?
> I'd like to use it for reference, to get it working in -dq.

Cheers - downloaded.  I'll have a look in the next few days, should save me some
playing around with cairo being able to see how this one works :)