-a should imply -w ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

-a should imply -w ?

Stuart Axon
Bit of a bikesheddy question:

In the help it says -a (variables) implies -w (window mode).
I guess we should actually make -a run things in window mode?

I've done this in my branch, it probably makes sense for the
main one ?

 S++



     
_______________________________________________
Shoebot-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -a should imply -w ?

francesco fantoni
I guess you're right :)

Il giorno gio, 30/09/2010 alle 18.28 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:

> Bit of a bikesheddy question:
>
> In the help it says -a (variables) implies -w (window mode).
> I guess we should actually make -a run things in window mode?
>
> I've done this in my branch, it probably makes sense for the
> main one ?
>
>  S++
>
>
>
>      
> _______________________________________________
> Shoebot-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net


_______________________________________________
Shoebot-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -a should imply -w ?

Sebastian Oliva
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM, francesco fantoni
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I guess you're right :)
>
> Il giorno gio, 30/09/2010 alle 18.28 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:
>> Bit of a bikesheddy question:
>>
>> In the help it says -a (variables) implies -w (window mode).
>> I guess we should actually make -a run things in window mode?
>>
>> I've done this in my branch, it probably makes sense for the
>> main one ?
>>
>>  S++
>>
I agree, though is it possible to just generate an image with the
parameters generated by the -a values, as a "one time generator"?
_______________________________________________
Shoebot-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -a should imply -w ?

Stuart Axon
> From: Sebastian Oliva <[hidden email]>

> To: [hidden email]
> Sent: Fri, October 1, 2010 6:54:29 AM
> Subject: Re: [shoebot-devel] -a should imply -w ?
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM, francesco fantoni
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
> > I guess you're right :)
> >
> > Il giorno gio,  30/09/2010 alle 18.28 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:
> >> Bit of a  bikesheddy question:
> >>
> >> In the help it says -a (variables)  implies -w (window mode).
> >> I guess we should actually make -a run  things in window mode?
> >>
> >> I've done this in my branch, it  probably makes sense for the
> >> main one ?
> >>
> >>   S++
> >>
> I agree, though is it possible to just generate an image  with the
> parameters generated by the -a values, as a "one time  generator"?

These would be passed in via the commandline?
- It would be nice to be able to set any variables initial value
like this too.


Maybe a nice feature would be via the stdin, to allow pipes
(but then it would be useful to know what sort of programmes
generate numbers that we'd want to put in, so we knew the formats
to support)>


> _______________________________________________
> Shoebot-devel  mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net
>


     
_______________________________________________
Shoebot-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.tinkerhouse.net/listinfo.cgi/shoebot-devel-tinkerhouse.net