Typography Rendering

Sebastian Oliva
I've fixed the issue on the font rendering, it now selects any font
installed on the system and accepts any option that pango and freetype
recognizes, and measures textwidth and textheight.
I had to pre-render text at each test metrics call.

I have my current implementation at
https://bitbucket.org/tian2992/shoebot-dq and I'm expecting for it to
be merged with the main branch

Re: Typography Rendering

Sebastian Oliva
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Sebastian Oliva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've fixed the issue on the font rendering, it now selects any font
> installed on the system and accepts any option that pango and freetype
> recognizes, and measures textwidth and textheight.
> I had to pre-render text at each test metrics call.
>
> I have my current implementation at
> https://bitbucket.org/tian2992/shoebot-dq and I'm expecting for it to
> be merged with the main branch

Oh, I forgot, but I could not fix the issue with text not being
managed by the transforming matrices.

Re: Typography Rendering

francesco fantoni
I had originally written the text code, I will have a look at it, but the whole code structure has changed a lot, I need a bit of testing.

"Sebastian Oliva" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Sebastian Oliva <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've fixed the issue on the font rendering, it now selects any font
>> installed on the system and accepts any option that pango and freetype
>> recognizes, and measures textwidth and textheight.
>> I had to pre-render text at each test metrics call.
>>
>> I have my current implementation at
>> https://bitbucket.org/tian2992/shoebot-dq and I'm expecting for it to
>> be merged with the main branch
>>

>Oh, I forgot, but I could not fix the issue with text not being
>managed by the transforming matrices.

----
Francesco Fantoni Architetto
via s.giacomo, 38
41121 modena / italia
-- --
ph. & fax.: +39059217554
web: www.hv-a.com

Re: Typography Rendering

Stuart Axon

Commited, should nodebox.textpath also set enableRender to False ?

 S++

> Oh, I forgot, but I  could not fix the issue with text not being
> managed by the transforming  matrices.

Yeah, not sure what's happening here - I think it's more general than text.