Python3, Gtk3

Stuart Axon
Hi Sebastian,
  Good work with the python3 fixes, will it still work in python2.x, if so I'll
just apply them.   We need to think about gtk3 as PyGtk is going away to be
replaced with PyGObject.  I'm a bit for a little bit, but will apply any fixes.

 S++

Re: Python3, Gtk3

Sebastian Oliva
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Stuart Axon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>  Good work with the python3 fixes, will it still work in python2.x, if so I'll
> just apply them.   We need to think about gtk3 as PyGtk is going away to be
> replaced with PyGObject.  I'm a bit for a little bit, but will apply any fixes.
>
>  S++

I did not knew pygtk was getting depreciated, :( We can still expect
python2 to be arround for a while, though; so we have time to properly
port things.
I only tested it kept working properly on python2, but if someone
using arch or fedora could test it, it would be great.

Re: Python3, Gtk3

Stuart Axon

Cool, I can test on windows when I get a chance.
I want to have clipping working on shoebot-dq, before I consider it complete (I
realise canvas and layers will be missing too, but their not as fundamental).

Getting it working for gtk3 will probably have to be a different branch as it'll
change a bunch of things.  Hopefully I'll get sometime around Febuary to work on
it.

One good thing about gtk3 is it's been cleaned up and is a lot more cairo based,
so it could simplify some code, it will probably be tempting for me to tinker
with drawing at the same time though.

S++