Note on progress

ricardo lafuente
Hi guys,

I'm totally psyched by the recent activity on the list. You all rock :-)

A note on my absentness -- right now i'm preparing for my first lecture
tomorrow at Porto Fine Arts, where i'll be teaching computer design
strategies to communication design students. Needless to say that
Shoebot/Nodebox will be the central part to the subject. I'm still
drafting up the curriculum and will publish it later on.

This means that i'll finally be back into serious activity on Shoebot.
My focus would now be to fine-tune the front-end (Gedit plugin) and pay
more attention to usability and ease-of-use, which is a detail that has
not been a priority so far. Also, i'm redoing the website contents to
deal with obsolete information there. Finally, i'll be producing
documentation to support my classes, and later adapt it into a proper
reference for Shoebot.

Also, Stu -- many thanks for the thorough documentation on shoebot-dq
changes, this is immensely helpful. I've been dabbling with PyUnit and
will churn out some tests in order to pin down the remaining
inconsistencies between 0.3 and 0.4. But i'm very, very excited to see
0.4 stable :-)

Ta for now,
ricardo

Re: Note on progress

Sebastian Oliva
On Sunday, October 3, 2010, ricardo lafuente <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm totally psyched by the recent activity on the list. You all rock :-)
>
> A note on my absentness -- right now i'm preparing for my first lecture tomorrow at Porto Fine Arts, where i'll be teaching computer design strategies to communication design students. Needless to say that Shoebot/Nodebox will be the central part to the subject. I'm still drafting up the curriculum and will publish it later on.
>
> This means that i'll finally be back into serious activity on Shoebot. My focus would now be to fine-tune the front-end (Gedit plugin) and pay more attention to usability and ease-of-use, which is a detail that has not been a priority so far. Also, i'm redoing the website contents to deal with obsolete information there. Finally, i'll be producing documentation to support my classes, and later adapt it into a proper reference for Shoebot.
>
> Also, Stu -- many thanks for the thorough documentation on shoebot-dq changes, this is immensely helpful. I've been dabbling with PyUnit and will churn out some tests in order to pin down the remaining inconsistencies between 0.3 and 0.4. But i'm very, very excited to see 0.4 stable :-)
>
> Ta for now,
> ricardo

Hey! Great to hear that you'll get to teach. Hope they get to grasp
the basic concepts early on.
I've made some progress adapting gedit's plugin on 0.4, but it's still
in need of both time and love. Still I'm guessing it's not too much
work thanks to the excelent job Stu has done on the new branch.
Don't forget to bug me on anything website related, as there might be
some tricky ends on th current setup. I still think it's a good choice
in order to ease up the  future works that will be needed on the
website.