More face detection

Stuart Axon
Nice article on face detection - seems to use ctypes... maybe we could use this instead of our binary blob based system ?

- Entirely not sure whats involved though...

http://blog.jozilla.net/2008/06/27/fun-with-python-opencv-and-face-detection/

 S++

Re: More face detection

francesco fantoni
Actually face detection and blob detection use two different approaches
in opencv shoebot library too: if I remember well, face detection uses
already haar cascade features as explained in the article, while blob
detection depends on the binary library.

f.

example code:

size(720,576)
videolib = ximport("sbopencv")

speed(300)

video = videolib.camera(0, width=320, height=240)

def draw():

    nofill()
    nostroke()
    frame = video.frame()
    #push()
    #rotate(random(-5,5))
    image(None,0,0,data=frame.data)
    faces = frame.faces
    for i in faces:
        #print i.x, i.y, i.width, i.height
        stroke(1)
        strokewidth(1)
        fill(1,1,1,0.5)
        oval(i.x,i.y,i.width,i.height)
        nostroke()
        nofill

Il giorno mar, 15/06/2010 alle 16.12 -0700, Stuart Axon ha scritto:

> Nice article on face detection - seems to use ctypes... maybe we could use this instead of our binary blob based system ?
>
> - Entirely not sure whats involved though...
>
> http://blog.jozilla.net/2008/06/27/fun-with-python-opencv-and-face-detection/
>
>  S++

Re: More face detection

Stuart Axon
Ah, cool... also just noticed article is quite old too.

Definitely want to get to the point of making stuff with shoebot as opposed to changing the shoebot code itself, at which point I might have a play with face detection stuff :)

 S++

> Actually face detection and blob detection use two different approaches
in
> opencv shoebot library too: if I remember well, face detection uses
already
> haar cascade features as explained in the article, while blob
detection
> depends on the binary library.

f.

example